22 May, 2016
Posted in : Dessert, Sweets on by : Maya Tags: Baileys, biscuits, cocoa, coffee, mascarpone
I should not take credit for this recipe, it’s almost a copy of Nigella’s Irish Cream Tiramisu, although I am using a little less of the biscuits, I like to have more of the cream. But I can take the credit for the implementation and the picture :-).
I like it much better than a classic Italian tiramisu… It’s actually very simple to make and it tastes really great!
- 350 ml espresso (cold)
- 250 ml Baileys
- 300 g long biscuits
- 2 egg yolks and 1 egg white
- 75 grams sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 2½ tsp cocoa powder
- Mix the coffee with 175ml Baileys in a rather shallow bowl. You will be using it later to dip the biscuits.
- Whisk the egg white in a small bowl.
- Place 2 egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix until they become creamy, then add the mascarpone and remaining 75m Baileys and mix again.
- Finally fold the whisked egg white into the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the biscuits into coffee – Baileys liquid, one by one, for a few seconds each. They should be a little softer but not soggy. Place them in a flat dish next to each other.
- Cover with a layer of mascarpone cream and then add another layer of biscuits and the another layer of cream.
- this liquid; let them soak on each side enough to become damp but not soggy. Line the bottom of a 22cm / 8½ inch square glass dish with a layer of biscuits.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours, ideally overnight.
- Just before serving, dust some cocoa powder through a small tea strainer on top of each piece. Enjoy!
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com