14 November, 2015
Steak sandwich (by Karl)
An American classic. Prepared by a meat lover, who grew having steaks all the time (or so I imagine life in Midwest, with all the cows and cowboys, steaks, briskets and corn). I think my meat lover suffers a bit with my love for veggies and when it comes to meat, he is the specialist in our kitchen.
Steaks are not my thing at all. But steak sandwiches very much are! The meat is soft and full of flavor, plus cheese and fresh baguette… Wonderful!
There’s a recipe below, but really the pictures are pretty self explanatory.
- 2 steaks
- 3 peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 baguettes
- salt, pepper
- oil for frying
- grated cheddar
- Spice the steaks with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the peppers and onions and fry them on a little bit of oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grill the steaks on both sides (depending on how well you like them and how thick they are, this may take from a few to up to a quarter, cut through them to see how done they are if you have doubts). The best is to use a real grill, but if you don't have one or if it's too cold to play outside, a grilling pan will do as well).
- When the steaks are done, slice them rather finely.
- Take a piece of baguette cut in half, spread some mayonnaise, then add steak, veggies and cheese.
- Place in a hot oven for a short moment, just until the cheese melts.