3 November, 2019
Black bean soup (by Karl)
Posted in : Main Dish
by : Maya
, black beans
, sour cream
Jump to recipe
This is one of Karl’s (many) specials. Perfect for the autumn weather we are having now (rain, rain, rain and some more rain…). Quick prepping but it helps if you let it simmer for a while.
Black bean soup
4 hours, 20 minutes
- 3 onions, chopped
- Smoked bacon, chopped, 300g
- 2 cups (500ml) stock beef
- a large can of black beans (800g)
- 2 table spoons butter
- Heat up a large pot. Melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add bacon and cook some more.
- Add the beef stock and beans (with the juice from the can), let it cook at least an hour, ideally 4 hours.
- Just before serving blend it until more (or less) smooth.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh bread.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com