- 180g flour
- 100g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120g vegetable oil
- 60g apple mouse
- 8g baking powder
- 2 large carrots, finely grated
- 4g salt
- 4g cinnamon
- 4g other spices: a mix of ginger, ground nutmeg and star anis. American ‘all spice’, French ‘4 epices’ or Polish ‘przyprawa do piernika’ will also do.
- 60g raisins
- 150g Philadelphia cheese (room temperature)
- 50g soft butter
- 100g powder sugar
- 2g lemon juice
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl. Stir it well.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a separate bowl. Mix until it becomes creamy.
- Add the oil and mix some more.
- Add the apple sauce and keep mixing.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir with a spatula.
- Then add the grated carrots and raisins, stir in well.
- Place is a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes.
- Rule no 1 – Icing is optional (but it is amazing!)
- Rule no 2 – The ingredients must all be room temperature!
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. If you sticked to rule no 2, then it’s going to be easy. If you did not, then you just need to wait until they melt together.
- Wait until the cake is well cold to spread the icing on it. Mmmm…
© 2022 Copyright Maya Cooks