28 September, 2018
Caprese salad with peaches
A different take on the traditional caprese salad. Replace the tomatoes with peaches. I made it first when I was planning a traditional caprese salad and when I took the tomatoes from the bowl I realized they were nectarines, not tomatoes. But hey, just like tomatoes they are red, sweet and somehow sour, so why not? It worked great, and I now make it one purpose, not only when I fail to remember what is in my pantry!
- Per one person:
- a handfull of lettuce leaves
- half a peach or nectarine, sliced
- one mozarella ball (good quality, ideally de buffala)
- 1 tea spoon olive oil
- 1 tea spoon balsamic vinegar
- a few fresh basil leaves
- salt, fresh pepper
- Place the lettuce in a bowl, then the peach or nectarine
- Mozzarella goes on top, either sliced or just torn up.
- Pour olive oil, balsamic vinegar or top.
- Add salt, pepper and fresh basil.
- Serve with fresh bread