7 August, 2015
Chewy lemon cookies
Posted in : Dessert, Sweets on by : Maya Tags: cookies, cream cheese, lemons, mascarpone
It’s summer but I am in cookies’ mode. But because it’s summer then they need to be summery too! Those are great, creamy and lemony and sweet. A perfect tea-time treat, not only for the summer!
For the batter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese or mascarpone, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- vanila sugar or powdered vanilla
- lemon zest and juice from one small lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbs cornstarch (mazeina)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the icing:
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a mixer bowl.
- Add sugar and keep mixing
- Add egg and vanilla and keep mixing
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cornstarch, lemon zest and keep mixing.
- Finally add the lemon juice and mix some more.
- Refrigerate for minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place small balls of dough on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will look unbaked, but they are ready!
- Take out of the oven and while still hot slightly press down.
- For the icing: combine the lemon juice with the powdered sugar. Using a brush paint the cookies with the icing.
- Allow to the icing to cool and harden before serving (if you can!)
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com