7 October, 2018
A simple and fool-proof recipe for muffins with lots of blueberries. One for a day when you want some decadent dish and you are not scared to use all evil ingredients such as sugar, white flour, butter and cream. There is days when you can just need some of that. So don’t try replacing any of these ingredients in this recipe. Either you go for it or you don’t. If you want a healthier option you can try the peanut butter muffins with no flour, no sugar and no cream. But for me today is the day for a classic muffins, buttery and sweet!
You can see on my picture the beautiful bread bag, this time used as a muffin bag, multifunctional!. It is not only pretty and ecological, but also sustainable as it is made by people with disabilities. Find out more at: http://slowroom.eu/en .
- 60g butter
- 2 eggs
- 160g sugar
- 300g sour cream
- 240g (1 cup) flour + 1 tablespoon
- 2g salt
- 6g baking soda
- 140g (1 and half cup) frozen blueberries
- 1 table spoon sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180° C
- Melt the butter in a small pot. But aside to cool down a bit.
- Mix the sugar and egg until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add butter (while mixing), then sour cream.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 cup (240g) flour, 6 g baking soda and salt.
- Add it to the wet mix and fold with a spatula to make a uniform texture.
- Put the remaining tablespoon flour in a bowl, add frozen blueberries and using a spoon cover them all with the flour. You should do this quickly so that they would not defrost.
- Add them to the cake batter and fold in quickly.
- Place in a greased muffin tins (or in muffin tins lined with muffin papers - much easier)!
- Sprinkle the almonds on the muffins (optional).
- Bake for around for 25 minutes.