11 May, 2015
Chocolate chip cookies (the chewy version)
Posted in : Dessert on by : Maya Tags: chocolate, kids friendly
There is no ideal recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
Some like it chewy, some like it more crunchy, some want more chocolate, less chocolate. Every time I make them, I have ideas of how to make them better next time. Despite my experiments, they always disappear in no time.
This time I used a recipe of a cooking expert I found on pinterest, but I modified the amount of chocolate:
And they turned out sooo good!
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (mazeina)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (135 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or some vanilla powder
- 100 grams chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I used an easter bunny, it was high time!)
- Toss together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- Use ice-cream scoop sprayed with cooking spray to take out portions of dough and place them on the baking paper. You may need a second baking pan, or you may need to put the dough that does not fit back in the fridge for later.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
You don’t need any detailed directions about how to store the cookies for a week. The disappear very quickly!