24 April, 2016
Coconut soup with pickled ginger
Posted in : Appetisers, Soup on by : Maya Tags: carrot, cilantro, coconut milk, zuckini
I had this (or well, kind of similar) soup in Poland. Well, maybe the ingredients are not typically Polish, but Polish chefs are really creative and there is lots of good ideas that I can get while eating out there! The pickled ginger adds the soup wonderful spice, making the soup’s flavor warm and interesting. And it is easy to make, as long as you make sure not to overcook the salmon.
- 200 g fresh salmon, chopped
- 200 g sugar pees
- 1 small red pepper, cut into long and thin slices
- 1/2 zucchini, very thinly sliced (use vegetable peeler to do it)
- 1 carrot, very thinly sliced (use vegetable peeler to do it)
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml boiling water
- 2 cubes vegetable stock
- 4 tbs pickled ginger (or more)
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a pan and add olive oil and fry all the vegetables, depending on the size of your pan, you may want to do it in a few times.
- Place the vegetables in a pot.
- Fry the salmon, but very briefly, 2 minutes maximum.
- Place the salmon in the pot.
- Heat the coconut milk and the water and dissolve the vegetable stock in the milk. When hot, pour it over the vegetables and again bring to boil.
- Divide the soup into bowls, place a tablespoon of ginger on top of each soup and add some fresh cilantro and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve immediately.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com