16 August, 2015
Figs and pigs
Posted in : Appetisers
by : Maya
Jump to recipe
Karl invented the name, and then I implemented the idea of marrying the sweet Spanish figs with pork. At first we thought bacon, but then we ended but with Serrano, to keep it Spanish.
- Serrano ham
- Cheese (we used Spanish, but cheddar will do as well).
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh, chopped parsley
- Place a small piece of cheese on each fig (or each half).
- Wrap each fig (or half) in a slice of Serrano ham.
- Use a tooth pick to keep it together.
- Place in a hot oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top.
© 2022 Copyright Maya Cooks