23 July, 2015
Posted in : Appetisers, Dessert on by : Maya Tags: gorgonzola, peach
So simple yet the dish turns out so classy. The sweetness of the peaches and the salty and creamy gorgonzola taste married together make this a wonderful dish. I have problems classifying what course it is. It can work either as a starter or as a small last course before serving the cheese, or it could also work as a dessert. Or a tea-time snack. Or whatever meal you are having, it will work as well if you feel like it!
Category Appetisers Dessert
- Sweet, ripe peaches (one peach per person)
- Gorgonzola (just enough for a layer of cheese on every half of the peach)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- Cut the peaches in halves, remove the pit.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle some fresh ground pepper on every peach.
- Cover each with a thin layer of Gorgonzola.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, peaches should be hot and the Gorgonzola well melted.
- Sprinkle some more pepper and basil leaves and serve.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com