2 April, 2017
Lasagna zucchini rolls
A rather simple recipe for zucchini lovers. It’s not trying to be a lasagna, but it is inspired by Italian cuisine enough to refer to lasagna in the title. The arrabiata sauce ads an unexpected kick making taking this simple dish to another level.
- 3 large zucchinis
- 200 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 200 g mozzarella, finelly chopped
- 100 g parmesan
- 5 tbs arrabiata sauce
- olive oil
- a handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Slice the zucchinis lenghtwise as thin as you can. Grill them, fry them or simply roast them for around 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan (except 1 tbs) and most of the basil.
- Place some stuffing on each zucchini strip, roll up and place in an oiled baking pan.
- Repeat until you use all the ingredients.
- Spread the arrabiata sauce on the rolls and top with the rest of the parmesan.
- Bake for around 15 -20 minutes in 180°C
- Sprinkle the rest of the basil on top and serve with fresh bread.