27 May, 2015
Lime and coconut chowder
Posted in : Appetisers
, Main Dish
by : Maya
Tags: coconut milk
, lait de coco
Jump to recipe
Even though it’s end May, some days it does not feel like the summer is about to come. So although this soup is perfect for cold, rainy October months, today it worked just as well!
It is a simplified version of Nigella’s recipe. I like it better with fresh fish, and don’t care so much for shrimp. And as I love coriander, I certainly very much increased what she suggests.
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 grams potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 100 grams leeks (sliced)
- 400 ml coconut cream (or milk but cream is better)
- 400 grams cod fillets (fresh or smoked, I prefer fresh), chopped
- 50 ml lime juice
- 250 grams small or medium shrimp (optional)
- 300 grams canned corn
- 1 fresh red chilli pepper (deseeded and finely chopped) or piri-piri paste
- fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Bring the stock to the boil and add the chopped potatoes and leeks for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the coconut milk, fish and the lime juice, sweetcorn (and shrimp if used). Bring the pan back to the boil and let it simmer for a minute or so.
- Season with the salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle lots of chopped coriander and some chilli on each bowl.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com