18 October, 2015
Muffins ‘Death by chocolate’
Fully of chocolate. Almost like pure chocolate but lighter in texture. Gluten free thanks to using ground almonds instead of flour. My daughter made these (almost) on her own for teachers day. Her teachers are lucky, that’s for sure!
They turn out very moist so be sure to line the muffin tin with muffin papers, even if they are silicon, because they will certainly stick.
- 225 g dark chocolate (good quality)
- 225 g butter
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g ground almonds
- 50 g sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat the oven to 170°C
- Melt the chocolate and butter on low heat.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the vanilla and sugar, mix well and let it cool a little.
- Whisk the eggs and add them to the chocolate melt. Then add the ground almonds and sliced almonds (optional), mix them in.
- Line the muffin tin with muffin papers (even if you are using a silicon pan, do use the muffin papers!) and pour the batter into it.
- Bake around 20 minutes. They will look uncooked when you take them out.