1 June, 2015
Pineapple and mint salsa with grilled chicken
Posted in : Main Dish, Sauce, Sides on by : Maya
The summer holidays are close enough to plan them, but far enough not to even start packing. Longing for a long hot summer evening, I made this salsa that tastes like summer. Just close your eyes with the first bite and you will feel like you are in South America having a refreshing and light meal!
The grilled chicken goes with it really well, but you can skip it and just put the salsa on some lettuce to make it into a salad.
- half a pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- salt, pepper, chili pepper if you like it spicy
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- Pour the olive oil onto a hot pan and add onion and garlic
- When they are translucent, add the zucchini and fry it for just 2-3 minutes. You want it a little softer, but not too much and you don't want it to lose its color.
- Put the pineapple and mint in a separate bowl. Add the zucchini-onion mix. Stir it all together.
- Serve cold with grilled chicken.
- Pinacolada would go with it pretty well too!
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com