21 June, 2015
Salted butter caramel sauce
Posted in : Dessert, Sauce on by : Maya Tags: caramel, salted butter, sugar
I didn’t know how easy it is to make caramel or caramel sauce, until I tried it. I don’t think I would believe it either. Well now I know, it is very easy and requires very little ingredients. And it makes any dessert twice as good…
- 100 g sugar
- 30 ml water
- 100g liquid cream
- 15g salted butter, cut into pieces
- Heat the cream on medium heat in a small pot.
- Pour the water then sugar into another pot (preferably one with thick bottom).
- Whisk on small heat until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and bring to boil. Then stop whisking and let the caramel take it's color.
- Add the hot cream in one go. Be careful, the caramel sauce may increase it's volume and try to get out of the pan!
- Whisk on medium heat for around 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add salted butter. Whisk again and let it chill. The caramel will get thicker as it cools.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com