21 June, 2015
Upside down pineapple muffins
Posted in : Dessert, Sweets on by : Maya
It was the idea of the pineapple flowers that tempted me. Plus I like pineapple, so it’s a good mix. I modified a bit Nigella’s recipe for the pineapple upside down cake. Cherries didn’t fit into the muffin tins at all, so they go replaced with blueberries and it turned out pretty good too.
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 cup chopped pineapple and 3 tbs juice (canned)
- 12 frozen blueberries
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g soft butter
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Arrange the pineapple slices in a silicone muffin pan (or use paper muffin forms) and place one blueberry in the middle of each pineapple circle
- Place the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Add the pineapple juice and mix it again..
- Pour this mixture into the muffin pan
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- Wait until the muffins are cold to take them carefully out of the muffin pan.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com