4 August, 2018
Summer tomato sauce
Posted in : Appetisers
, Main Dish
by : Maya
Jump to recipe
It’s a sauce to make if you have an overflow of tomatoes, especially overripe and maybe not pretty enough for a tomato carpaccio…
The list of ingredients is very short, it’s simple and it tastes like summer. If you like it very much you can have it as a soup as well.
- 4 large tomatoes, very ripe
- small clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Pasta, basil and parmesan for serving
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl or pot and pour boiling water over them. Leave them for 5-10 minutes.
- Take them out and peal them. The peal should be coming off really easy.
- Chop the tomatoes into large cubes.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pot. Add garlic and let it cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook them on low heat for around 2 hours.
- After that time, blend them into a sauce, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sever over pasta, with parmesan and fresh basil or just eat it like a soup.
© 2022 © www.maya-cooks.com