5 November, 2017
Healthy and easy pasta sauce
This is one of those easy, weekday dinners. When you come home tired and crave a warm, comforting meal, but at the same time you want it to be at least a bit healthy. It takes literally 10 minutes to do the sauce, so make sure to start with cooking the pasta, then both the pasta and the sauce will be ready at the same time.
Spinach may not bring good memories to some people, but even Karl loves that sauce (despite childhood cafeteria spinach trauma). Definitely worth a try!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250g fresh spinach leaves
- 200g cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 1 chicken bullion stock pot / cube
- 1 teaspoon full grain mustard (optional)
- Start by cooking the pasta.
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly, drain (but it can still be kind of wet), remove the stems and tear or chop into pieces (into size of 2 cubic cm more or less)
- Heat a pan, add oil and when hot, add the chopped garlic. Fry until translucent.
- Add the spinach and stir from time to time until it shrinks.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, stir them in. Cook for around 30 seconds.Turn down the heat.
- Add mascapone sauce, stock pot and mustard. Stir it in until the mascarpone sauce is fully dissolved.
- Your pasta should be ready by now. Add it to the sauce, stir it well and serve!