5 December, 2015
Roasted butternut squash and garlic soup
Posted in : Appetisers
by : Maya
Tags: butternut squash
Another simple dish for a cold evening, quick and very easy to make especially if you bake the butternut squash and garlic ahead of time! And the baked garlic will make your house smell so yummy!
Baked butternut quash and garlic soup
- 1 butternut squash (or any other type of pumpkin will do as well)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the butternut squash into slices or cubes, taking away the seeds but you can leave the skin on.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Separate the cloves of garlic from the head, but don't peel them. Place them all on the baking paper.
- Sprinkle some olive oil all over the butternut squash and the garlic.
- Bake for 45 minutes in 180°C.
- Take out of the over and leave to cool.
- Take away the butternut squash skin and peel the garlic.
- Place it all in a pot, add 250 ml water and blend it with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add the stock cube and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with kale chips kale chips and or roasted sunflower seeds and or some coconut cream.
© 2021 Copyright Maya Cooks