28 April, 2019
Posted in : Appetisers, Low-carb, Main Dish on by : Maya Tags: beef, onion, rosemary, veal
This simple recipe will make your house smell amazing. Roasted rosemary spreads this Christmas like aroma and tastes surprisingly good and crunchy as well.
Category Appetisers Low-carb Main Dish
Meatballs on rosemary sticks
- 1 kg minced meat. I like to use 600g beef and 400g veal. Overall the meat should have at least 20% fat, if it has less you can add some extra fat (more olive oil or duck fat for example)
- a dozen fresh rosemary twigs
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 table spoons breadcrumbs or a slice of old bread
- 2 table spoons milk
- 1 table spoon mustard
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, sweet paprika
- spicy tomato sauce for serving
- Place the breadcrumbs or bread in a large bowl and pour the milk. Let is rest for half an hour.
- Add the meat, eggs, 2 table spoons olive oil, 1 twig finely chopped rosemary, onion, spices, mustard.
- Using your hands bring to uniform consistency.
- Form into meatballs and place or a baking grill.
- Stick remaining rosemary into the meatballs.
- Spray the rosemary with remaining olive oil (you can use a kitchen brush as well).
- Bake at 180 °C for around 25 minutes. The thermometer should show around 70°C of internal temperature.
- Serve on spicy tomato sauce.
© 2023 © www.maya-cooks.com